What is Hoopla?
Hoopla is a digital service that offers patrons an enormous selection of digital video (movies and TV shows), music, audiobooks, ebooks and comic books.
What do I need in order to use the Hoolpa through the library?
In order to use Hoopla through the library, patrons must have a current library card. Fines and fees accrued on an account cannot exceed $10.00. Expired cards and accounts exceeding $10.00 will not be eligible for sign-up until issues are addressed.
How do I register for Hoopla?
- Download the HOOPLA APP, visit www.hoopladigital.com or click HERE to register
- Click the GET STARTED TODAY button and follow the simple registration steps (patrons will need their barcode number. Pin number is the last four digits of phone number)
- Make sure to select "Lenawee District Library" as your library
Is there a limit on how many items I can check out each month?
Yes. Patrons are limited to 5 items per month per library card. Hoopla will keep track of the number of remaining check-outs at the top of the home page by the HOOPLA logo. Checkouts reset at the start of each calendar month. Available checkouts do NOT roll over into the following month.
How long can items be borrowed for?
Ebooks have a checkout of 3 weeks. Music has a checkout of 1 week. Movies and television have a checkout of 3 days.
Can I renew items?
No, items cannot be renewed but because licenses are unlimited, items CAN be immediately re-requested.
On which devices can I use Hoopla?
Hoopla can be used on any device that allows downloading of the app or browser usage. This includes but is not limited to: iPads, e-reader devices (Kindle, Nook), computers, Amazon Fire stick. Click HERE for a full list of compatible devices and iOS.
Now that that's all out of the way, HOW do I download items?
- Once you've found an item you'd like to borrow, hover over the image or click on it.
- Click on the BORROW button
- The item will download immediately
- You can begin playing the item directly from that screen or find your checkouts under the MY HOOPLA (currently borrowed) menu